We’re going out and about in rural communities across Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, meeting local residents and sharing details of our fast, reliable broadband services.
Our community engagement team will share our plans to roll out game-changing broadband and key dates in each area at various community hubs over the coming weeks.
We’re bringing our expert broadband and connectivity knowledge to village halls and pubs while establishing local requirements and supporting residents to get the most from their Internet.
We’ll be armed with snacks and refreshments and ready to offer a listening ear to your broadband blues!
Our community roadshows are just the beginning for the communities we’re about to connect and support.
As part of our continued commitment, we’ll run monthly and bi-monthly events covering a range of themes, from children’s coding sessions, gaming competitions and YouTube masterclasses for teenagers, to online banking workshops, film club nights and social media “how to” guides.
As part of the programme, we’ll explain how the Government is providing up to £210m of funding to help some communities that are experiencing slow broadband speeds in rural areas.
The Gigabit Voucher Broadband Scheme offers vouchers worth up to £1,500 for households and £3,500 for businesses to cover the costs of installing gigabit broadband.
At our events we’ll be able to let residents know if they’re eligible. Come along and we’ll put you in the picture!
Our Community Engagement Officer Kenny Wood said: “We’re really excited to meet residents at our events across rural communities in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire and can’t wait to bring rapid and reliable broadband to their areas in the very near future.
“We’re introducing our services to transform connectivity and quality of life, but we’re offering more than just high-quality broadband services.
“We’re also supporting and educating local people to ensure they get what they need and want from the Internet and feel comfortable doing so.
“Come on down, meet our team and learn how we can give you and your community the digital life you deserve!”
Here’s where we’ll be over next few weeks:
- September 28 – South Killingholme Village Hall, North Lincolnshire, 2pm to 6pm
- September 29 – The Black Bull, East Halton, North Lincolnshire, 2pm to 6pm
- September 30 – North Killingholme Village Hall, North Lincolnshire, 2pm to 6pm
- October 1 – Macmillan Coffee Morning at Scopwick Village Hall, Lincolnshire, from 10am
- October 12 – Ruskington Village Hall, Lincolnshire, 12noon to 4pm
- October 20 – Carlton Village Hall, Lincolnshire, 2pm to 6pm
- November 11 – Half Moon Inn, Willingham by Stow, Lincolnshire, 2pm to 6pm
- November 17 – The Rose & Crown, Upton, West Yorkshire, 2pm to 6pm
These areas will soon be connected to fibre broadband as part of the Superfast broadband programme and our commitment to connecting underserved communities to fast, reliable broadband.